Thursday, April 30, 2009

Missionary for a day!

I have the privilege of knowing quite a few missionaries here and I am always interested in their mission. Several of them that I have gotten to know are from World Gospel Outreach. One of the many things WGO does is host the many medical/dental brigades that come into town each week for a mission trip. After talking with my friend who works full time for WGO she was able to arrange for me to join one of the teams for a day. Usually the brigades come in for one week. They spend two days at a local Honduran church and see hundreds of people a day, then they move to the next church for the next two days. I was amazed at the how this fine oiled machine worked! Take a look for yourself.

This is the church that hosted the brigade.
These are the people waiting to get in to see a doctor.

This is the inside of the church.

The dental part of the brigade.

The medical part of the brigade.

Children getting their hair washed.

My job was to treat for lice if needed, then fix their hair with ribbons and other hair pretties. Something I never get to do and enjoyed.

After their appt. they go through evangelism. Many come to know Christ.

Some of the local kids.

More of the local kids.

A 14 year old mother.

The neighborhood we were working in.

Part of the brigade is to pour a concrete floor in this house.
Before it was a dirt floor that the family lived on.
This is the owner of the house who got the floor put in,
this recovering alcoholic received Christ that day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you, Kim! It is a great blessing that you are spreading the good news and helping out in the community! Miss you, Angela