This past year was a year of change for our family, this happens to us about every three years as we change posts. The first part of the year is always filled with mixed emotions of the excitement of what lies ahead and the sadness of leaving behind the friends we made during our time in that country.
We arrived in Honduras in August after spending time with family in Texas. The good part about arriving a little later this year was that the kids started school the next day, no down time for them! We are all adjusting to our new surroundings and seem to find the good in a very poor country. The kids enjoy their school and have made friends easily. There are many opportunities for travel within Honduras and neighboring countries, all within a car drive away. This is something we look forward to exploring in the next 2 1/2 years.
Reid is 6 1/2 years old and such a sweet boy. He is very proud of his newfound skill of "ball control" while playing soccer. He does very well in school and most of all enjoys it! He keeps telling me I need to homeschool him during the breaks and we need to get some sort of schedule!
Graham is 4 1/2 and full of energy. He LOVES to play with his toys and has a wonderful imagination. He keeps us on our toes and makes us laugh at the same time. He has a twinkle in his big blue eyes that will melt your heart. He plays soccer and tennis as well, but would rather run free outside!
Cole is 19 months and in to everything! He is a beautiful blue eyed baby (toddler)! I was talking on the phone for 5 minutes and within that time he had picked up the other phone and pressed the buttons, turned on the t.v., opened the dvd cases and taken out the dvds, gotten my purse and dumped it out and was climbing all over the couch! Needless to say it is time for him to start school in January.
Matt is doing great in his job and is happy! He really doesn't have time for anything other than the boys.
I am doing fine, still looking for my routine and things that I should be putting my energy into (what is left after taking care of my sweet boys). I am looking forward to starting a Bible study in January in hopes of meeting some new friends. We think we have found a church, which is something that has been missing in our lives since we arrived. There are really only two choices, and we have decided on one that seems to be in line with what we want and need. It is full of missionaries who devote their life to helping others, what a lesson to learn from them. My hope is to find a place where I can contribute. Each time I meet one of them I ask them their story and what they do here. I am amazed and in awe of what God leads them to do and to give up in order to help others in need.
We hope that your Christmas was filled with happiness and that you will take the time to remember the reason why we celebrate the season. Stay in touch, and we wish you a safe and Happy New Year.

No comments:
Post a Comment