Monday, August 24, 2009

Mrs. Bradley

I have been back in teaching for about two weeks now and I have to admit that I missed it more than I thought I would. The school is great and I love the kids! It has been challenging trying to get things done on the weekends so that I can be there for the kids when they get home from school during the week. If I could just have one day off during the week it would be perfect, but teaching doesn't work that way.

Some of you have heard of the game show Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? It is a television game show based on asking grade-school level questions to adults. The show is basically a test to see how much an adult has retained since graduating elementary school. All I can say is that it is a good thing I was never on that show! But rest assured, I am staying ahead of my fifth graders, but not by much. Good thing I will be teaching the first quarter of fifth grade and not the last quarter. This is quite a stretch from my days of teaching second graders!

No comments: