Monday, February 9, 2009

Tennis Anyone.......

A friend of mine and I decided we were going to actually play tennis today. Not really sure of what the proper procedure was for playing on the courts, we just decided to go ahead and try to look like we knew what we were doing! When we got there we saw that two of the courts were occupied by some Honduran women playing doubles who had obviously done this before.

We quietly take the last court and continue to "lay low" hoping not to bother anyone or draw any attention to ourselves. I am sure they had no idea that we didn't know what we were doing considering my friend didn't have any pockets to hold her tennis balls, so should would just stuff them down her shirt. Hey, it worked! At one point the women ask us if we want a ball boy, and we quietly decline. I am not sure if they were being nice or they wanted us to keep our balls off their court. After an hour of play with my friend (which I thoroughly enjoyed) we were done.

As we were preparing to leave, a few of the women approached us and told us they play every M, W, and F and we were welcome to join them anytime. I felt like the new kid on the playground and how good it felt for someone to ask me to play. I have to admit I will be a little intimidated the first time we play, but it looked like a lot of fun and some very nice women. I will let you know how it goes. After all, this could be my opportunity to order a tennis skirt/outfit (something I have always wanted)!!!!! I will be sure and get my friend one too so she won't be stuffing balls down her shirt!

P.S. We now have the scoop on the official way to reserve the court. You call this guy (I didn't catch his name)and let him know when you are coming. Don't forget your 25 liemperas (that it about $1.00 to have the court for an hour). Now that's a bargain!

No comments: