Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday School Report

First of all, I have to say thank you to my sweet husband for posting about our home sunday school for the boys. I had no idea until he told me to check my own blog. It made me feel really good to have him notice what I am trying to do with our boys.

I have to admit it is frustrating teaching your own children who look as if they are getting absolutely nothing out of what you are sharing with them. At times they are spinning around in their seat or practically doing headstands during our lesson. Keep in mind we are only teaching 2 out of 3 of them, Cole is sent to take his nap during this time.

Patience! Patience! Patience! This is worth the effort, I keep repeating these words!

But all the frustration is forgotten when you see them taking what they have learned and applying to their little world without any prompting.

After our lesson on Noah's Ark we found Graham in the playroom with his pirate ship, a pirate he had named Noah, and all his plastic animals were on the pirate ship.

This past week we talked about Abraham and the bible verse "Look up into the heavens and count the stars if you can. Your descendents will be like that "too many to count!" Genesis 15:5 Last night Reid wanted to go outside and count the stars like Abraham.

Another lesson we had was on The Tower of Babel. They enjoyed making our own tower of babel out of marshmellows and frosting. You can tell how much they enjoyed by the look on Graham's face. Then later that week Reid was painting. I asked him what he was making and he told me it was the Tower of Babel. I think that is God's way of saying, "Keep on pressing on"!

Our version of "The Tower of Babel"

Reid's Tower of Babel

No comments: