Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Catching Up

Just a quick posting to update you on what has been going on lately. It seems that we have kept busy during the Christmas break, which officially ended today with the kids going back to school.
We spent Christmas morning alone with just our family and enjoyed the time together. The kids LOVED all their gifts and seemed to play for hours! Among the favorites were Reid's Nintendo DS, Graham's Batman Cave, and Cole's very own toilet bowl brush that he IS allowed to play with!

Graham enjoying his batcave and Cole's rocket.


Reid and Matt playing with the Nintendo DS.

Cole loving his new toilet brush.

That afternoon we had about 12 adults and 13 kids and celebrated the day with a wonderful turkey dinner. It was so nice to share the holiday with good friends who are quickly becoming family to us.

Two days later we left for Nicaragua to visit some very dear friends who we knew in Chile. They have 3 kids the same ages as ours. Anyone who saw us coming got a kick out of seeing us with 6 kids all under the age of 6 years old. While in Nicaragua we got to see a volcano, do a zip line (both boys even did it), and we went to the beach. We had a great time with them and we look forward to them coming to Honduras before they leave Nicaragua for good this summer.

Reid on the zip line.

Graham's turn.


The gang (minus the moms).

During this vacation time I have been sick with a sinus infection and a terrible cough for over 3 weeks. I am now on meds and hope to be well soon! I am also dealing with about 40 mosquito bites all over my legs!!!!!!!!!!! I am miserable and have been trying every possible remedy to relieve the itching. I have done everything from clear fingernail polish to putting alcohol and tape over every bite. It has given me some relief, but it is making me crazy! I can't wait till I am 100%!!!!!! And yes, next time I will use the bug spray!

No comments: