This past summer we were at the Circus in the states. My sister, Dawn and my boys love cotton candy (something I can live without!) and were excited about getting some at the circus. We were SHOCKED to find out that the cotton candy was $12.00!!!!! It did include a very flimsy hat, but come on!!!!! As sweet as my sister is she bought it for all 3 of them to share.
After arriving in Honduras we frequently see "the cotton candy guy "walking down the street. You can't miss him because of his hot pink cotton candy on a tall stick, not something you would expect to see on the streets of Tegu. Of course the kids yell out, "Mom, stop, get us cotton candy!!!!!!!!!!!" I have to explain that we can't eat things off the street and when we go back to Texas we will get some. Of course Reid's response is, "Everything is always about when we go back to Texas!!!!!!!!!!"
But anyway, I had to share this picture because every time I see him I think of the $12.00 rip off at the circus, they should be ashamed of themselves for selling it for such an outrageous price to families who barely afford to be there! It also reminds me of my sister and her love for the sweet sticky stuff!

No comments:
Post a Comment