Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Honduras..... Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Frustration is the first word that rolls off my tongue not to mention many other adjectives that would describe the current situation in Honduras.

Let's see where do I start..... First of all, Matt stayed here all summer long due to the coup and then left last week on a business trip. Low and behold, Mel returns and surprises everyone! So.... Matt is stuck in the states while he waits for the airports and borders to reopen so he can come home!

What else???? Did I mention the whole city has been ordered to stay at home from 4:00Monday afternoon until 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday (that is almost 48 hours and I won't be surprised if it isn't extended). When you look out at the streets it is a very eerie feeling, because NO ONE is on the streets and NOTHING is open! Yes, we (the kids, the maid, and me) have a little cabin fever, but at least we have food and are fine.

As soon as it was on the news that "Mel has landed" I ran to the store to get diapers and a few things, that was the best move I could have made. But what about the other poor Honduran people who buy their food daily and haven't been able to get food because there is no where to get anything. What a mess this whole situation is and who knows what will come of it?

Then, there is Reid who has had a stomachache and been laying around for 3 days? It brings back memories of what he felt like last summer when he was hospitalized for some rare thing. I looked it up and it could reoccur, but usually within the first few months. It has been a year since he had it. The embassy nurse will see him tomorrow as we are escorted into the embassy by the security officer since we are "breaking curfew" and being out on the streets. The nurse did say a symptom of strep throat can be a stomachache. Oh yeah, I had strep throat this weekend to boot! I hope it is strep throat so we can take care of this at the embassy, otherwise I am out of luck as far as getting any sort of lab work done to investigate further.

I guess I have complained enough and will sign off for now! I will keep you posted on Reid, I am praying for strep throat!

Bradley Family Prayer Requests:

  • Pray for Reid and that the embassy nurse will figure out what is up with him.
  • Pray that Matt gets home as soon as he can.
  • Pray for a peaceful (and quick) agreement in Honduran Government
  • Pray we can resume a somewhat normal life, as normal as life can be in Honduras so the kids can get back to school.
  • Pray for patience for me and the kids since we are in "lock down" mode for awhile.

1 comment:

Thomas Family Travelers said...

Praying for you Kim and everyone there.....