Today I had the privilege of being Santa for the day and delivering these adorable pillow sets to the children in the rehabilitation ward and the pediatric ward at Hospital San Felipe. The smile on the faces of these kids was just priceless. These kids in the rehabilitation ward live at the hospital for as long as 6 months if necessary. I was only the delivery person, but what a blessing I received to be able to pass along these gifts to the children who have nothing. Thank you Country Air and the women of Carole's church who gave to those much less fortunate.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
First Mission Project
This past summer when I was in Texas my sister-in-law's mother asked me about mission projects for her church. When I arrived in Honduras I started asking around for something for these women to do to help those in need. We came up with the idea for them to sew a pillowcase and very lightweight throw for the kids in Hospital San Felipe's Pediatric Rehabilitation Ward. I randomly contacted a pillow company Air Country and asked for a discount on the small pillow forms. They promptly wrote me back and said they would donate the 15 pillows.
Today I had the privilege of being Santa for the day and delivering these adorable pillow sets to the children in the rehabilitation ward and the pediatric ward at Hospital San Felipe. The smile on the faces of these kids was just priceless. These kids in the rehabilitation ward live at the hospital for as long as 6 months if necessary. I was only the delivery person, but what a blessing I received to be able to pass along these gifts to the children who have nothing. Thank you Country Air and the women of Carole's church who gave to those much less fortunate.






Today I had the privilege of being Santa for the day and delivering these adorable pillow sets to the children in the rehabilitation ward and the pediatric ward at Hospital San Felipe. The smile on the faces of these kids was just priceless. These kids in the rehabilitation ward live at the hospital for as long as 6 months if necessary. I was only the delivery person, but what a blessing I received to be able to pass along these gifts to the children who have nothing. Thank you Country Air and the women of Carole's church who gave to those much less fortunate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment