Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday trip to McDonald's

Every Sunday after church we go through the McDonald's drive-thu and each week is equally painful. It goes something like this, except in Spanish.

Worker: Can I take your order?
Matt: I would like a happy meal with nuggets.
Worker: Coke to drink with that?
Matt: No, Fanta
Worker: O.K. so you want a happy meal with nuggets and fanta to drink. That will be $3.50. Please drive to the next window.
Matt: I am not finished ordering.
Worker: What else would you like?
Matt: Another happy meal with a hamburger.
Worker: Coke with that?
Matt: No, I would like Sprite.
Worker: That will be $7.00. O.K. so you want a happy meal with a hamburger and sprite to drink and a happy meal with nuggets and fanta to drink. Please drive to the next window.
Matt: (losing patience by the minute)I am not finished.
Worker: What else would you like?
Matt: I would like an order of six piece nuggets.
Worker: O.K. so you want a happy meal with nuggets and fanta to drink, a happy meal with a hamburger and sprite to drink, and do you want coke to go with your combo?
Matt: I DIDN'T ORDER A COMBO, I JUST WANTED SIX NUGGETS!!!!!
Worker: O.K. so you want a happy meal with nuggets and fanta to drink, a happy meal with a hamburger and sprite to drink, and six nuggets. That will be $9.00. Please drive to the next window.

You can see where this is going and I didn't even go through the whole conversation with you, we still had two more orders to place. We ask ourselves why we go there week after week, but to be honest it would probably be the same anywhere else we went. It is painful to think that we have gone through this same ordeal about 40 times and we have probably another 100 more times to go. I am not sure Matt or the poor girl working the drive-thru will last that long.

No comments: