Sunday, June 13, 2010

What's Next?

Next stop for the Bradley Family will be Bogota, Colombia in August 2011. We are excited about this posting, it has been one of the countries in South American where we wanted to live. This is a great post and a wonderful city. Everyone we have talked to who has lived in Bogota has loved being there. Basically, this is what people think about Bogota.

" It is A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY, and the warnings and media do no justice to such a wonderful place. People are warm, charismatic, and fun to be with. There's always a party or a celebration going on. It is very different from the war-torn country that we all think it is. Police are always present making sure the cities are safe. Obviously you should stay out of places that you would know with a little common sense not to go. FOOD is DELICIOUS. I'd have "Bandeja Paisa" everyday if I could. People should really get rid of the bad image they have of Colombia. As one of my friends say "the only risk is wanting to stay"

"I was totally shocked at how much of a contradiction it was to go to Colombia. I had only heard the bad negative stuff and I was pleasantly surprised to experience the exact opposite! I met the nicest most lovely people! That alone was so great but also there was so much security that I felt much safer there than in many cities in USA! There are police all over the place and they make it very comfortable. Of course I did not go out wandering the streets at night or taking any unnecessary risks as I would not anywhere else. The food was absolutely fabulous and there is much natural beauty to enjoy and discover. "


1 comment:

Abby said...

I'm glad ya'll finally got your next assignment. Maybe not my ideal place to travel for a visit.......but you never know???? I'm sure ya'll will be safe and and it will be another great adventure for all of you!!